December 8, 2012

Annual Day '12 :)

 Hello!

A lot has happened since my last post. We are already in Block 2 now! :) Time really flies, without us noticing. The year will be over in no time.

Less tears lost recently, but I get emotional very easily. Part of growing up I suppose. We get more conscious about what is happening around us, what are flying past us.

 BDS 3+4 -credits to Joel Beh

Just had our very last Annual Day in Manipal few hours ago. Many of us had mixed feelings. Everything that happened this time last year still remains so vividly in my mind. Got kinda emotional tonight. Proud to receive the awards that we worked hard for, but at the same time we know that we are even closer to the day we say goodbye to this place. Laura had the same thoughts, and I suppose that a lot of the others feel the same way too.

We didnt know what to wear at first, but thanks to Isha, I had my attire settled on the night before Annual Day. She chose one of her dresses for me and lent me a pair of her shoes to go with it. Haha. So in the end four of us - Weichi, Phyllis, Amanda and I went tonight donning her dresses. That night we applied mask in Weichi's room and almost fell asleep there haha. Helped Amanda apply my egg white + honey mask, while I used one of Weichi's masks XD Thank you Wei Chi!

Reached there on time that night, and realised that other Malaysians took their  own sweet time to arrive. The event started at 6.30 sharp, which made me really want to salute the Indians for their punctuality. The awardees were supposed to be there by 6.15, but many spaces were still empty at 7. LOL.

The way the awards were given were kinda weird. We were given our certificates beforehand and all of us distinction students went up onto the stage together holding our certificates and posed for a picture. But we were proud of our best student, Chris Ong Siew Chai! :D Proud of Laura too :) 

The performances were great, and I would say that they were better than last year cause they were of different varieties. Singing, Batch 29's Indian dance, Batch 30's Oppa Gangnam Style video and Batch 29's flash mob in which the lecturers danced along with their whole batch.Enjoyed the lecturers' performance more this year. We had more laughs as we know most of the lecturers now. :) It was a regret that the Indian dance was cancelled. I would love to watch it again.

With our bro Malindu who's leaving Manipal on Monday ):

Annual Day, as usual is about performance, laughter, friends, FOOD, awards, FOOD, pictures, FOOD, clothes, FOOD, and more FOOD. The night would've been perfect if I could have more ice cream. Haha. Had fun and enjoyed ourselves tonight. More pictures to come!

Tomorrow is a holiday, as usual. It is MMMC's tradition that a holiday will be given on the day after College Day and Awards' Ceremony each year. Yay. A good rest deserved after all the hard work in Block 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...