August 9, 2011

Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows P2



Rewind: 23 July 2011


I didn't watch the Harry Potter movies since the Goblet of Fire, as I didn't really like the way the movies deviated from the books. So, I missed the subsequent movies. But this time, I couldn't miss this! (:


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2! Deathly Hallows was my favourite book, and I immensely enjoyed the puzzle within. (:
Since this was the final movie, I should catch it. But it seemed that everyone watched it, or were going to watch it with their friends. Finally realised that eyra hasn't watched it yet, so we went to watch it in Perling Mall. 

Why Perling Mall? Near. Haha. Lazy to go all the way to CS or Tebrau to catch a movie. And Perling Mall was renovated not long ago. So I thought it should be okay.

Went to Pei Ling's house, and she drove us there :) First time I rode in her car. Then met up with Eyra in Perling Mall. Haha. Had some trouble deciding what to eat. That's the problem with that place. Only 3 restaurants after Sedap Corner shut down. So not much choice :X So we settled with McD in the end. Pei Ling watched the movie already, so she left after lunch. 

So we watched. 
It was a great movie... if I put the whole book behind me. Far too many parts were different from the book, and far too many interesting parts were left out. 

Too much running. I would prefer more battling scenes. Haha.It was Harry who thought about asking the Grey Lady, not Luna. And the diadem should be placed on a warlock's head or something like that, as Harry placed it there when he hid his Potions book. But in the movie it was in a box. Tsk. And Ollivander didn't know anything about the Deathly Hallows, but Ollivander in the movie knew. And I found the part where the Goblin was imperiused funny. It shouldn't be so obvious. >< And the part where Neville killed Nagini wasn't right too. Lots more. I couldn't remember all of the parts. 

But there is one part which deviated from the book that I did like. The part where Snape visited the Potter's house after James & Lily Potter were killed. I almost cried when Snape held Lily in his arms,  with baby Harry in the background. That was a great addition. (Y) Touching much. 


"After all this time?" "Always." 

Snape's the real hero of the series, some say. And I kinda agree :)
And there's another hero :) 



Isn't he handsome? :D

All in all, had a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...