June 8, 2010

Youth Leadership Camp =)

Okay la. My 'next post' is here.

4.6.2010-6.6.2010
a memorable period in my life.  





3 days. Right after EE, but before bio and physics exam for some of us.
Was reluctant to go at first,but enjoyed a lot when I was there =)
  
I was kinda disappointed when I couldn't join Thinesh, Dee, Solhah and Ko Liang for the celebration in TGIF, and was kinda down during the first few hours of the camp.


Day 1
Was very awkward then during the registration, cos I wasn't assigned duty, didn't know what was I supposed to do. =( Walked around, tried my best to usher the campers to check their groups, check their temperature and into the auditorium. 
Later on, the campers grouped together and SAs were assigned to each group. We had to PERFORM before that. Ouch. Danced nobody with Baa, Michelle, WoonYen and the girls onstage -.-  Ji paiseh yi xia >.<  I was one of the few SAs who didn't have a group. On the 2nd day only I realised how left out I was, without a group. 
Who ask me hide behind pillar, hide behind Jiajie? Serves me right la. Then, ice breaker. Malaysia team was born! And stood out among all the other nations xD

Dinner was superb. One of the best meals in my life cos I was dead starving then. When the campers and their SAs were pitching the tents, Mr. Andrew, Mr. Yoong, Juliette & I walked to each toilet to put the buckets. Lol. First & last time I think, walking in the corridors in Sunway College holding buckets. -.- Then helped Gennie stick tent numbers. Haha. After that, 11+ pm, bath!! Lols. I didn't bath since 6am. So happy then. After bath had a long chat with Juliette =)Then only sleep. 

Day 2
Early morning Shin Yeong woke us up. 'Bang bang bang. Wake up.'
So cold. Brrr. Shivered.  
Bath. Gather at MPH. Morning exercise.
I felt like a retard when I first learned chocolatte -.- 
After that, bfast, then ice breaker. Made their group flags this time.
I had nothing to do. So I jadi calefare. Walking around with masking tape, tugging the rubbish bag around collecting rubbish -.- 
Pas tu kita perform our Malaysia team rah-rah! Haha. 
 Do mi so, si fa so. Do mi so si fa so. Malaysia truly Asia~
 Team Malaysia!

Haha. Had quite a lot of fun with them =)

After lunch we had 2 games. One by Gennie. I helped Mr. Andrew and Ms. Linda together with Kek Jin. =) The other one by Cheng. Helped at Jiajie and Vijay's station. Throw flour xDD However, almost blew my top then. THE CAMPERS JUST DON'T LISTEN TO US!! Same case with Jiajie too. He also shouted until he almost lost his voice.

Dinner. Barbeque dinner. Haha. After dinner fooled around with the SAs in the carpark. Jiajie, Jiaye, Vijay & Raymond parked their cars into an 'S' shape.. Watching Mr. Yoong 'catwalk'. . Holding hands jumping around Jessica, Mr. Yoong and Shin Yeong and 'group-hugging' them when we were so stinky. Haha. They played with the water guns, and washed Raymond's car with it. HAHA. Cheng even put soap in the water guns. Felt like a real carwash. Haha.

After bath we watched 17 again in MPH. =)) Too cold at first, went down alone to get my jacket. Walking in corridors and taking the lift alone at 2+ am really creeped me out. -.- I slept during the movie. Haha. And woke up shivering. Lols. That was really unforgettable. How many people have to chance to watch movie in MPH wrapped in sleeping bags??

After the movie went back to SSD. 3+ am. Me and Ju went to the toilet. Saw 3 boys were not in their tents. I go tegur lor. Who knows he scare me saying something disturbing them, and told me not to goo to the toilet or else I'll see a white thing -.- It was scary. Then asked the guys to help tegur the boys. As I was freaked out, We asked one of the guys to teman us to the toilet. Who knows all of the guys followed 0.o

Day 3
3rd day= last day. Had our morning exercise. Chocolatte! ! All of us were addicted to chocolatte lar. So enjoy when dancing right? Haha. Then breakfast and games again. This time the facilitator was Gwyen, and Vijay, Baa and I helped. Fun game though. Seeing leaders shouting at their group members. Haha. But damn tired after that. -.- 

Then, closing. Announced winner - Australia =)) 

After that took a lot of group photos with the campers. =))

After tidying up, we were ready to leave camp, leave the fun and friends, and go back to our lives as sunway college students. x.x




SAs and staff had lunch together after the camp. At Master Chef =) The food there nice lar wei =))Fun hanging around and listening to their jokes too =)


Gwyen sent me home after that. Thank her very much =) It was fun when she mixed up the two Cheryls in the car. xD and had to say: 'the cheryl in front' 'the cheryl behind'. Haha.




3 days of camp. I learned a lot. Learned to appreciate things more and not take things for granted. I used to participate in camps. We used to complain about the committee members too. This time in this camp, I learned that the committee has to put in a lot of effort and hard work in organising a camp. They are the one's running around, busying, looking into everything, worry about campers and have to starve at times.It is really tiring. But all of it was worth it. We enjoyed it. We will never forget it.

It is also a joy, when people say thank you. The warmth in one's heart can heal all the fatigue and pain =) 



Sunway Youth Leadership Camp Rocks! 
SA Malaysia Team we rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...