March 26, 2013

Cons cons cons cons cons :D

Sometimes I enjoy Preclinical Conservative Dentistry practicals, but sometimes I dread their arrival. My work used to be fast in Block 2 when we were still practicing cavity preparation and restorations on extracted teeth. I used to pack up and leave the class with lots of time for a good nap before afternoon classes. I didn't have any backlogs then. But when we started working on Phantom heads, my work began to lag, my cavities became so bad. I was so stressed.

My 46 Class I and II cavity preparations were horrible, but my work gradually improved until Dr.Jaya said that they were neat. And then we began to work on the maxillary arch. I had problems with indirect vision. I still have. My 26 Class I Distal and Mesial Pit were not bad, but when we started to do 26 MO, I spoiled my tooth because I wasn't able to visualize properly. I had to get a new typhodont tooth and start all over again. Repeating Mesial and Distal Class I again. Lol. (And the tooth wasn't cheap. Sobs.) But I was glad that I had more chance to practice. Realised that my work was few times faster compared to the first time. So with the entire 26 - Mesial and Distal Class I, MO, Palatal extension, Base and Varnish, restoration... It made me lag behind. Haunted me for a couple of weeks.

Something went wrong with the amalgamator today, and it was taken away for repair. So we had half an hour to do our backlogs. I completed my 26 mesial base and distal palatal extension yay!!

Now I enjoy doing Amalgam restorations very much. Haha. Learnt the right way to carve, but still unsure whether I have condensed properly or not. Kinda worried that I will under-condense in real patients next time. Hmm. And hope my restorations won't be very bad in maxillary teeth. I also need to work on increasing speed of Matrix placement. Lots to learn and looking forward to learning. :)

 My first Amalgam restoration :)

We will be having Competency test for Cons this block. I know I have problems with Class II cavities. Praying hard that it will turn out fine :) Last block's Prostho, God blessed me with a pass when I had no confidence at all with my teeth arrangement in the test. I have faith that He will be there for me this time as well :)

There are a few more pictures that I took in the lab. Will upload them next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...