April 12, 2013

Prose: Stones

One of my favourites from ReMag :)


1. Stones

The search for our other halves is like looking for a special, marked stone in a great pit full ordinary stones. There is always the chore of overturning every single stone until you found the one. Sometimes, you come across it easily. Sometimes, you come across some with stains, which you may mistake as the one you are in search of.  You may miss it. You may even spend a lifetime searching with no avail.

With faith, I plunged my hand into the pit. Yes. And there you were. The marking on the stone was so clear that it seemed to be shouting at me. I did not search, it came to me.

2. Diamond

I lived as an ordinary stone until the day I met you. I never knew what was within me. I never knew I could be set apart. Yet, you helped me discover who I really was. A diamond sitting on the hand of her true love, I shone with such brilliance, reflecting your love, the light upon my heart.

3. Gems

Playfully, I reached out to give your face a gentle stroke. You grabbed my outstretched hand, and laid on it a handful of jewels, their beauty momentarily blinding me. That was just how our love at that instant was. Seemingly perfect; beautiful beyond words; taking our breaths away. The amazingness brought out by the reflection of your heart in mine, and mine in yours.

Image taken from here.

Cheryl Ting Cher Yuke, a.k.a Cheryl Plankton takes joy in reading novels, English and Mandarin likewise. Currently working hard on finding a cure for her writer’s block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...